Other Related Experience:
- NASA-ASEE Summer Faculty Fellow, NASA, Marshall
Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL, 5/93 - 7/93,
5/87 - 7/87, 5/86 - 7/86.
- Technical Consultant, CCSports Associates, New
Haven, CT, 11/87 - present
- Mechanical Engineer, Research and Development
Department Badische Corporation, Anderson SC (now
Fibers Division of BASF Corporation), 6/78 -
- Member ASME, SAE, ASEE, Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma
- Undergraduate Courses- Instrumentation,
Control Systems, Foundations of Engineering I, Dynamic
- Graduate Courses- Modern Controls
Electro-mechanical system design, including development and application of
microprocessor-based controls to a variety of mechanical
systems, including natural gas fuel systems for diesel
and spark-ignited engines, variable speed ground source
heat pump systems, feeding aids for the physically
challenged, and electro-mechanical actuators for space
Refereed Publications [1996-2000]
- Parker, J.K. and T. Piwonka, Gap Formation in Resin-Bonded
Molds, accepted by AFS Transactions
- Sung Y.G. and J.K. Parker, Frequency Dependent Krylov Vectors
for Second-Order Damped Systems, KSME International Journal,
Vol. 13, No. 11, October, 1999.
- Woodbury, K. A., Chen, Y., Parker, J. K., and Piwonka, T. S., Measurement
of Interfacial Heat Transfer Coefficients between Aluminum
Castings and Resin-bonded Sand Molds, AFS Transactions,
No. 98-116, pp. 705-711, 1998.
- Macari, E.J, J. Parker and N. Costes, Measurement
of Volume Changes in Triaxial Tests Using Digital
Imaging Techniques, Geotechnical
Testing Journal, GTJODJ, American Society of
Testing and Materials, Vol 20, March, 1997.
Conference Papers And Presentations [1996-2000]
- C. Lee and J.K. Parker, Development
Of A Fault Detection Technique For Rolling Element Bearing Running
At Variable Speed, accepted for presentation and publication
at the Maintenance And Reliability CONference (MARCON 2000),
Knoxville, Tennessee, May 7-10, 2000.
- D. Cordes, J. Parker, J. Richardson,and C. Haynes, Institutionalizing a Prototype Freshman Year –
Alabama’s TIDE Program, Proceedings
of the 2000 ASEE Southeastern Section Conference, CD-ROM,
Roanoke, VA, April 2-4, 2000.
- Corleto, C., J. Froyd, P. K. Imbrie, J. Parker, J. Richardson,
R. Roedel, Freshman Design Projects in the Foundation Coalition,
Proceedings of the Frontiers in Education 28th Annual
Conference, CD-ROM, Paper T1D, Tempe, AZ, November, 1998.
- Midkiff, C., B. Todd, J. Parker, M. Barkey, and J. Gershenson, Delivery
of a Complete Undergraduate Engineering Degree by Distance
Learning Using a Mobile Laboratory, Proceedings of the 1998
ASEE Southeastern Section Conference , Orlando, FL, April
- Parker, J. and G. Ferguson, Mechanical Systems
Curriculum Revision at The University of Alabama,
Proceedings of the 1997 ASEE Southeastern
Section Conference, pp. 163-167, Marietta,
GA, March, 1997.
- Cuttino, J., J. Parker and K. Woodbury, Collaborative
Report Writing: Reducing Student Load While
Maximizing Outcomes, Proceedings of the
1997 ASEE Southeastern Section Conference,
pp. 168-174, Marietta, GA, March, 1997.
- Midkiff, C., J. Parker and S. Bell, Mechanical
Engineering Curriculum Reform at The University
of Alabama, Proceedings of the 1997 ASEE
Southeastern Section Conference, pp. 150-156,
Marietta, GA, March, 1997.
- Parker, J., J. Richardson, D. Cordes, The
Foundation Coalition Freshman Year : Lessons
Learned, Proceedings of the Frontiers in
Education 26th Annual Conference, CD-ROM,
IEEE Catalog No. 96CH35946, Paper 8C5.4, Salt
Lake City, UT, November, 1996.
- Parker, J., C. Midkiff, S. Kavanaugh, Capstone
Senior Design at The University of Alabama, Proceedings
of the Frontiers in Education 26th Annual
Conference, CD-ROM, IEEE Catalog No.
96CH35946, Paper 6C4.1, Salt Lake City, UT,
- Parker, J. and D. Schinstock, Introduction to
Hydraulic and Logic Systems in a Controls Course,
1996 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings,
CD-ROM, Paper 3266, Washington, DC, June, 1996.
- Parker, J. and S. Kavanaugh, Competitive
Design Projects at The University of Alabama, Proceedings
of the 1996 ASEE
Southeastern Section Conference, pp. 54-59,
Gatlinburg, TN, April, 1996.
- Parker, J., J. Richardson, and D. Cordes, Problem
Solving and Design in the Freshman Year: The
Foundation Coalition, Proceedings of
the 1996 ASEE Southeastern Section
Conference, pp. 286-291, Gatlinburg, TN,
- Chair, ME Faculty Search Committee
- Chari, ME Curriculum Committee
- Treasurer, Alabama Beta, Tau Beta Pi
- Mechanical Engineering ABET Committee